Holiday Cooking Classes.
Our classes run from Monday -Friday (excluding Public Holidays). April Holidays will feature our Anzac Mueslie Bar plus a range of other yummy savoury food using seasonal vegies from our patch. Following us on Facebook to see the next holiday timetable as it is released.
We offer a range of options for different ages and skill levels – Standard Class (1.5 hrs) at Wanneroo. Fingers crossed we can return to Floreat but still to be confirmed.
Maxi Classes (2.5hrs) are available for ages 7-9yrs & 10+yrs.
Parents’ can drop off school-aged children as extra supervision is not needed but all parents’ have the option of staying in any class. All Parents’ of younger children (3-5rs) must stay for the class.
Please ensure your child is not starving on arrival as we do not eat for over an hour – it’s hard to make some recipes when most of the ingredients have been eaten (LOL)
We offer gift vouchers for all our Classes.
About the Classes-
In our classes, kids are fully involved in every stage of cooking & learning fun food facts. They are encouraged to smell, touch, cook and taste a wide range of recipes they make themselves. We believe that exposing kids to good eating habits and teaching them to make healthy food choices is essential – they will reap the benefits for the rest of their lives.
During a class, each child learns to:
- Work in a team – just like meal preparation times at home should be.
- Clean-up after themselves.
- A range of cooking skills. Safe food handling and hygiene.
- Try new tastes and textures.
- Avoid foods high in salt, fat and sugar – all while learning how to make better choices.
- Include more fruit and vegetables in easy-to-make recipes.
- Use more whole grains, seeds, dried fruit and nuts when selecting snacks.
- Our recipes are often suitable for lunch boxes and after-school snack
All cooking is nut-free (but nuts are included in our recipes as optional) and other allergies can be accommodated. Recipes are often suitable as after school snacks, or as foods to add to their lunch boxes- often times when they do your head in!
We encourage all children to use their newfound skills and recipes at home. Please encourage your children to ask “What can I do to help?” when you are in the kitchen. You may be surprised how many tasks they can achieve.